View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Internet Series of Poker

My question is if the sitets are paying a fee. Who are they paying it to and what for?

hiya rJ. how ya been?

ok, as i said, the details will be coming soon. however, i'll make an exception for my canadian buddy and answer this one.

the fee that the sites pay to 2+2 are basically advertising fees. it has nothing whatever to do with the tourney entry or tourney fee. the fee collected for the tourney entry is simply normal juice that is used to cover their own expenses.

the (very small) fee being paid to 2+2 gets them their own section in the new forum and helps pay their share to administrate the ISOP. placing that forum there, maintaining the forum, and paying the ISOP staff is what that fee will be used for.

again, we ask for you guys to wait for the details, but the sites will also be adding $5,000 to each event to cover the winner's entry in the final. for instance, if 500 people play in the site's peliminary event, the entire $500,000 will be returned to the players via the prize pool for that event.

the winner gets a $5,000 seat to the finals that will NOT be coming out of the prize pool. this $5,000 will be added by the site to pay the entry for their winner in the final.

hopefully some sites will add even more to the prize pools, but for sure they are adding $5,000 to each event. this will become crystal clear when we launch the details, but the fee being paid to 2+2 won't be coming from the players or player equity. that should be all that matters, and i assume that is why you were asking.

is it cold up there?