View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Questions about multitabling

I am currently 4-tabling most of the time with a mix of $60's, $27's and $16's and will occasionally do 6 tables. I don't like 6 tabling all that much because of the overlap on the screen (running something like 1750 x 1400 resolution). If I setup dual monitors that may be better.

I assume that 8-tabling you are either running two monitors or a very high resolution CRT?

I do not stagger the starts for the same reason that you do so that I can take a break whenever I want (granted I only play 2 or 3 45-minute sessions a day max and about 250 SNG's per month).

I don't have empirical proof but I think a tiny bit of game selection has helped my result of late. Just going through my pokertracker summaries, I've identified a handful of people who seem to be regular winning players at the $60's and $27's and generally try to avoid them (you included). I won't unregister if someone i know registers after me but when there are 4 or 5 people registered, I'll do a quick scan of the names and proceed with caution if I see one name i recognize. If I see two names, I definitely just wait until the next one.

Currently my ROI is about 20% on the $16's and $27's and closer to 15% on the $60's.