Thread: Wireless mouse?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 03:59 AM

Default Re: Wireless mouse?

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any advantages to the MX1000 over the MX700? I thought the MX700 woudl be fine, but damn, it shounds like you boys are creaming your pants over this mouse

[/ QUOTE ]

The MX700 I believe is heavier. I never really liked the MX700, although at the time I thought the rechargable base was pretty nifty. It just seemed too heavy, too bulky, and not very comfortable to my hand.

The MX1000 looks like it's bulky as well, but there's a nice thumb scoop that allows you to cradle the mouse nicely. It looks a lot bigger than it actually feels. So yes, it's very comfortable. Not only that, but it glides really well on my mousepad, and there's no lag or any "skipping" that used to occur on the older, crappier optical mice. I've always held off on optical because I thought the technology was still maturing...

On a side note, I had a coworker who bought the MX900 Bluetooth optical mouse and he complained about lag. If it comes down to buying a mouse, go with the MX1000. If you want a wireless keyboard + mouse combo, the Duo MX is probably appropriate. I just really wanted the MX1000, and since they don't bundle it with any other keyboard, I bought it separately. JUST BUY IT. It's only 35 BB at 1/2. That's a minor afternoon downswing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]