View Single Post
Old 12-15-2004, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Your Favorite Bush family member

[ QUOTE ]
One has to be careful about stating that "alcoholism is for life". This falls in the area of science where proof of such assertions are impossible. So it is really just a theory, and in a Political Correct society a lot of theories are declared as facts without any real evidence.

Alcoholism and homosexuality both fall into this grey zone. Everyone thinks they know the truth, but no really can know for sure given the evidence available.

Twelve step programs promote the lifetime addiction stance, but it is still just a theory.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't see the [censored]/alcoholic analogy since we're not talking about addiction with the former, but I think it's pretty widely believed that alcohol addition is a lifetime addiction. Just because you don't drink doesn't mean you're no longer an alcoholic. That's why alcoholics quit drinking entirely rather than just cut back. And why they refer to themselves as "recovering" alcoholics, but not "recovered". Either way, no skin off my nose though, and I don't know why "we have to be careful" about it. i'll state it to anyone. What does it matter?