View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 09:12 PM

Default Money in big events.

This is a question directed toward people that have won or come in the top 3 positions in big buy-in events. Say there is a prize pool of about 3 million dollars and 1st place receives 1 million. How much of that 1 million is going to be taxed? Say you place 2nd and receive $500,000. How much of that will you see? Is it the higher you place, the more percentage you will be taxed? How about if you just make the money and receive about $13,000, do you get all of that? The reason I'm asking is because I recently won a seat to the Poker Stars Carribean Adventure in a $33 plus rebuys tourney and I can't keep thinking about how set I would be if I could just make the money and parlay $33 into about $12,000. I know that might not be much to you guys but to a 20 year old college student it seems like quite a bit. One last question about tourneys. How do I change my mindset from one of just making the money into winning the whole tourney? I'm not use to a lot of money and winning about $15,000... I'd be on top of the world. What can I do to change that? Thanks a lot for your guys' help. See you in the Bahamas!