View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Must see attractions in Vegas for first timers?

For attraction food combo you may want to try the Stratosphere tower.

Lunch is cheaper with most menu items being about $15. The food is good, the menu is limited. With drink tax and tip, it will set you back about $20-25 a person. Also the drawback is that the view from the tower is so much more impressive at night. At night, dinner will cost $40-60 per person including tax, drink, and tip. The view is impressive to say the least. The ride up the tower is free if you are eating there. A third option is to simply have a drink in the cocktail lounge that is near the top. The drinks are huge, cost $10-20, can be ordered virgin if you like, and you get to keep the glass. I would call ahead just to make sure, but I believe the ride up is free in this case as well. Dress code is evening casual for dinner. You would not be out of place in slacks and a dress shirt nor would you be out of place in a suit & tie.

I also would not pass up seeing the Bellagio. There is a garden, a open piano bar, and simply the atmosphere is worth seeing. There is also a water show in the front lake at multiple intervals throughout the evening.

If you want to try one of the high end buffets, I recommend Alladin Spice Market Buffett. It is about $23 a person and has a large variety of very good food including crab legs.
Bellagio is also quite good and runs $30 a person. However, I have found that the food runs a little too high society for some of my guests. Many of them want ribs and drumsticks, not lobster bisque, boar, venison, quail, etc. If you are intending on spending $15-20 on one of the normal strip buffets, I really recommend you reconsider eating at Alladin. For instance, on a recent trip many of my friends wanted to eat at the $17 Flamingo Buffet which was basically Hometown Buffet plus chewy prime rib(bleah). A grave disappointment and I surely would have spent the $5 more for Alladin Buffet.

Another free attraction not to miss is the pirate show out in front of TI.