View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL hand from the Taj

Please post stack sizes for beter responses.

To be honest, I think that the best way to play this is to fold your small blind for $2. Once you make that call I think that the second best play is to fold for the additional $25.

QJs is simply not a hand that I want to play 4 handed out of position. I can gaurantee that at least one of your outs is crushed as any of the following hands puts you in a lot of trouble AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AQ, AJ, KQ, KJ, A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and if you hit on the flop you have no idea if you are a big dog.

Most maniacs that I have experience with will limp with a lot of hands and will also raise a lot of hands but I think that it is a big mistake to give so little respect to the reraise when out of position, he very well might be reraising with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], AA, KK, QQ, AQ, JJ in which case you are drawing slim.

The worst part about this hand when out of position against a reraiser is that you have no idea where you stand when you hit (as I am sure you saw)

My guess with the river action is that you were against either A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or JJ and learned a valuble lesson about playing weak hands out of a position to two raises.

-Steve