View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 03:42 AM

Default QQ Preflop- long description.

The past few days i've started playing NL live (and some 25$ max buy ins on party). I played for the first time on thursday and at the end of a +280$ night (200 max, 1-2 blinds) the guy who runs the game (and plays when there is a seat) says to me- "you play a good game" as i am walking out the door.
I play in the 5-10 game the next night, and show up for the NL game on saturday. While we are waiting the guy who runs the game and i area talking, and hes asking me how long i've played, and what books i've read ect ect. So i tell him about my three years of limit play, and my fondness for S&M and ed's book. But there aren't enough players to get the game going, so we play a couple of 5-6 handed 10 dollar winner take all tournies with small stacks/blinds. During the first one i am short stacked and go all-in a couple of times for 8-9 chips with 1-2 blinds from UTG. The guy who runs it is in the BB and finds a fold both times. But he is real suspicious and talks about how he thinks i am putting moves on him because i know he can fold ect ect.
Fast forward to tonight- 7 handed 200 max 1-2 NL game. Im in the 1 seat hes in seat 4. He open raises for 15$ and i bump it to 50 when it gets to me with QQ.
He thinks for a long time, and prattles on about how he's only afraid of 4 hands, and how he had warned me last night not to get to liberal with stealing his blinds/bets.
And eventually he mucks AQo face up. But he doesn't like it.
After another couple of rounds of play he comes out for 15$ again UTG. Its folded to me and i see QQ again.

What do you want to do here?