View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Well, *I\'m* psyched...

It's a series of 2-table NLHE tourneys, if you finish in the top 4 in the 1st step, you get a freeroll for the 2nd, top 6 in the 2nd gets you a freeroll to the 3rd, top 8 in that get a roll to the 4th, top 8 in that get an entry to the 5th step. Some consolation prizes for lower finishes; free re-dos for the same or a lower step, a little bit o' cash... 5th step pays four places, 9000, 5000, 3600 and 2400. the buyins go up at each step, you can buy in direct or win a seat from a lower step. 5th-step buyin is $1000, 1st is $11

It plays a lot more like an SnG than a MTT, you get more short-handed play, a lot more, aamof.

5th step was crazy, serious pressure the whole way, probably about 70% of the hands didn't make it past the turn unless somebody was all in.

Here's a hand that almost killed me, in the 5th step, QQ UTG and I raised to 90 (blinds 15/30). One of the players raises to 325, he's very aggressive, and figure he could be doing that with many hands I have beat. I have him out chipped by 115 and shove, he calls w/ AJ offsuit. Ace on the river gives him the hand, but I'm still in it, and came back to take 4th.

Regards,

Gar