View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 01:21 AM

Default Re: VERY QUICK, AKs vs. a raise PF

I think your best move here is to either fold or raise...calling should definately not be an option vs. the short stack. If you decide to play this hand, maybe make it $70 to go as I doubt the $200 stack would want to tango with you unless he had KK/AA. Short stack could very well have AKo, AQs, QQ, or JJ, maybe even TT. If you're up against KK/AA so be it. I guess it would depend on my read on the short-stack, if he lost a lot of money and is on tilt I could imagine him reraising you with any of the above hands. I usually don't like take slick too far but I say if you're up against a short stack you hope that he calls with a worse hand (or AKo so you're freerolling the flush) or maybe even folds (which I doubt he'd do). Either way you're most likely coinflipping here but since you already put $10 in the pot maybe reraising him would be slightly +EV. If you're up against a decent PP, a A or K will probably make you a better hand but if he hits a set you still have redraws to a straight or flush. The reason I think calling is the worst option is because you're pretty much pot committing yourself by calling and plus you don't want the $200 stack to join in on the action.