View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 03:18 PM

Default A set with a four flush on the board

Live 3-6 at the Taj. Villian is fairly tight and fairly aggressive (not extreme in either case) and seems generally solid all around.

I'm MP1 with 99. I open raise. Villian (2 seats to my left) calls. One more late position loose caller. Everyone else, including blinds, folds.

Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check raised villian. The loose caller folded to villians initial bet.

Turn is a low [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I checked. Villian bet. I called. I know the check was weak. Most of the time I bet this out, but for some reason I rationalized check calling. I guess I figured I didn't want to pay 2 bets for my boat draw if he made his flush (this was actually very stupid because I was fairly sure that he was betting the flop on an A, and the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was out there). But anyway, this isn't really what I want to discuss. Comments are welcome though and feel free to berate me.

River is another low [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check. Villian bets. What do I do? I beat anything he's holding that doesn't include a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Do I give him respect for a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and save myself a bet, or do I make a crying call because I'm getting decent pot odds (8-1 if I added it up correctly)?