View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 01:27 PM

Default 97s flops a baby

Hey all,

Motorcity 2-5-5, Game is 8 handed and pretty tight all around (i.e. not fun), I've started raising any 2 playable cards from the button and the CO. Villian is a close friend who can play but is a bit too aggressive and a bit too loose, when he's hitting look out, when he isn't the combination of bad beats and bad play on his part could bankrupt him sometimes. He's cold as ice tonight and has me covered, I have about $600.

A few limpers to me and I make it $20 on the button with 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3 callers.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($80)

Checked to me, I make it $50 or 60, villian from the sb makes it $200. I deliberate and push. Thoughts?

A few extras, I play with him frequently, he is aware that I've started raising any 2 cards that I'd limp with from button/co, but more likely puts me on a hand like AK than a hand like 97s, and he also knows that he can take pots away from me on scary boards, he knows I won't back TPTK with my stack, so on this type of board, he knows I will fold KK, AK, and MAYBE AQ after taking a flop stab. How is this played when I have 1200 behind and he has me covered and/or against an unknown player? For the 1200, do I raise to 500 and try and get a free turn/river, wanting to see a showdown if the board doesn't pair/another club hit?

Thanks.