View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 05:35 PM

Default Re: I need reviews on full tilt poker.

the main flaw of full tilt poker is how slow it takes to get your bonus dollars, even at reasonable limits like 1/2 and 2/4. While the 100% match offer seems generous, you can only redeem it 10% at a time (used to be 20%), so if you deposit $100 initially, you have to earn enough points to exchange for the first $10 before they give it to you. not terrible so far, but read on.

the "points" system is where I think full tilt gets you. You earn one point for each dollar in rake your table earns when you are dealt cards in a hand. You earn partial points if the rake was less than $1, and you can earn up to 3 points for a hand if the rake is the maximum $3. Problem is, each point is only worth SIX CENTS towards redeeming your bonus. That's 16 points for each bonus dollar! Compare that to the usual 5-7 points per bonus dollar on party poker, pokerstars and pokerroom...Full Tilt bonuses are earned over twice as slow. Even mediocre bonus sites like Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker only want 10 points per dollar. Now I understand that you can earn up to 3 points per hand on Full Tilt as opposed to a max of 1 on all the other sites, but you only get 3 if the table hits the max rake, which means that the game is very loose and aggressive in order to build the pot sizes up. So basically you are encouraged to bet like a maniac and lose more real money in the process, in hopes that you will earn your bonus dollars quicker. Hmm...Full Tilt...

I earned about $8 in bonus dollars (but still can't redeem until I hit $20) before I gave up on this turkey. Full Tilt does NOT stand well against the competition and you will see it when you log on and view the few tables that people are actually playing at. this saturday afternoon I peeked in and saw just ONE table each of 25c and 50c limit open, four $1/2, just one $2/4, and virtually nothing above $5/10. garbage in, garbage out!