View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 03:51 AM

Default A Pair of Sevens

Looking for thoughts on the way I played this hand. The pot was already huge on the flop and I felt there was a good chance that CO had high cards and MP1 could have just about anything. So I decided to take a card off and bet out on a safe card to test CO and prevent a free card - planning to fold to a raise. I check the river because I think CO is unlikely to pay me off with ace-high on that board and I might induce a bluff, also MP1's hand is still a mystery.

MP1 is extremely loose/passive. No read on CO.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

River: (11 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB