View Single Post
Old 12-10-2004, 03:38 AM

Default Hellmuth anyone?

Anyone read Rolf's recent article in cardplayer about NL leaks? Here's a little piece of the article in which I think he is describing Phil Hellmuth, anyone know for certain?
[ QUOTE ]
For example, I recently witnessed a heads-up match between an inexperienced Internet player and a tournament superstar, a well-respected and highly experienced player who uses this exact same approach of showing aggression early and then folding to a raise. The young and inexperienced unknown was, of course, a big dog to win this match, and it was also one of the first times he had ever played in a brick-and-mortar cardroom. As the tournament reporter of the event, I was able to watch this match very closely, and saw that in less than three hours of play, the unknown came over the top of the star’s bets and raises no less than 17 times — and on all occasions, he made the star lay down his hand! When, indeed, the unknown won the match, the star cursed his bad luck, claiming that the young man had gotten lucky on those occasions when it mattered most. While he was correct in that assessment, he forgot to mention the fact that he had given his opponent the chance to get lucky simply because of this one leak in his game that the young player had identified.

[/ QUOTE ]
LINK TO ARTICLE