View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 02:02 PM

Default I can\'t play in Million Dollar tourney...entertaining options here...

Here is my situation. I won a $20 sattelite for a freeroll into the 600+40 Party Poker Million Dollar Guaranteed Tourney at 4:30pm EST this Saturday. I am unable to play because I have a family reunion/christmas party to go to at about 7:30pm EST. As BAD as I want to play in this thing, I don't think I can live with myself if I choose the poker tourney over my family especially around Christmas. (I am single and no kids or anything so if anyone can help me justify this PLEASE TELL ME WHY I SHOULD!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])

Apparently, this entry fee is non-transferable to the next million dollar guaranteed. Here is my question:

I would like to play in the tourney as long as possible until I have to leave to go to the reunion. I have a lot of faith in the average ability of a 2+2er as oppossed to some of my friends here in Lexington who play on PP. Mainly b/c I'm the only one out of my friends who has made it to the final table of a MT tourney or even finished in the money in the MTT's for that matter really. So I guess here are some options I would consider:

1. Have an experienced 2+2er take my spot during the time in which I am unable to play and do his best to grow my stack and get us closer to the money. When I get back around 10pm EST I would take over if there are any chips left at all and I would try and take us to the money. We would have to work out a payout structure b/w the two of us.

2. Transfer my buy-in to you and allow you to play in my spot under my name for the whole tourney. You would be entitled to the full payout of the tourney. We could devise a written contract which would be binding on my part through 2+2 or however you prefer to guarantee you full rights to your winnings. I would offer you a discounted buy-in in exchange for a confirmed payment into my neteller account.

Does any of my esteemed colleagues have an interest or thoughts or comments on doing something like this? Is it unwise? Has anyone attempted this before? Thanks.

Much Success,
Wombles