View Single Post
Old 12-09-2004, 05:35 AM

Default Re: I am seen as too tight, how do I adjust / exploit?

[ QUOTE ]
The only solution is to play back at them. When you put them on a steal, perform a re-steal. If you really want, do this with a trash hand and show it after they muck. Its a good way to send the message "Don't F- with my blinds"

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in a similar situation and LOVE it! I completely disagree with reraising and showing your cards so that they know that you will play back, I would rather maintain my tight image...

If I were you I would let them pick on you and steal your blinds early on and when the blinds are high enough (or before your table breaks) perform a resteal.

In a situation with blinds and antes late in a tournament you pick up about 4 BB from a resteal (SB, the raise to 2.b BB from LP, plus antes. What you should do is wait until you need the chips and perform a resteal, they are bound to put you on a pretty big hand and will fold hands as big as 99 or ATo. (If you happen to be against a monster so be it) When you resteal your cards are irrelevant, do it when you need the chips but make sure that your raise is substantial enough to make a difference.

Calling and betting out is a decent strategy, especially if an ace flops but it could be quite costly if your opponant hits the flop, I would rather exploit my image and shut the pot down preflop.

-Steve