Thread: confused w/ TT
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 09:11 AM

Default Re: confused w/ TT

I would have just called preflop with no reads. Villain could easily have AK/AQ/QQ/JJ/99/88/etc. Some might smooth call you preflop with AA or KK, but I don't see that much in tournaments.

Given the way you played it, I might just bet 1000-1500 if it's checked to me. If I'm check-raised all-in, I will fold. But I don't necessarily like this play because if your opponent is smart, he may check-raise you because of such a small bet (1000-1500).

You can't really check behind safely because he could have four to the flush with hands like A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] -- However, this is an option. If the turn is a blank and he checks to you again, then you could bet it knowing he's probably weak. Then again, JJ might call you if you checked the flop and pushed the turn.

Lead out with a smaller bet... if he calls, see what happens on the turn.

I don't like a push on the flop, because you're only going to be called by hands that already have you beat.