Thread: confused w/ TT
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 07:52 AM

Default Re: you guys missed the point!!

He simply reraised too much. A push is even better here than this reraise imho.

Why is a call too weak here??That being asked I probably reraise to 1k. After your 2000 raise -If he reraises all in preflop do you muck 33% of you chips away?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]The raise preflop was way too large IMHO. Most mistakes in NLH MTT are made by getting caught inbetween aggression and caution like this in my experience.

Once he calls there is like 4300 in the pot and you have like that much left so you are almost pot commited anyway now arent you?? I mean I guess a ACE is a muck but...JQK constitutes 25% of possible cards(actually a bit higher since you have 2 non face cards..) With the preflop raise you also dont really leave yourself with any wiggle room to make a probing bet on the flop correct?? I might even smooth call and see what the flop brings(a set with an ace or king could bring you his whole stack) most likely bet out with a non ace flop pretty strongly. I guess I might reraise 1k depending on the Villain, certainly not gonna reraise 1/3rd of my chips if there is a very good possibility I cant play a hand decisively on the flop. Hope this was helpful and I do recognize JJ or 10-10 are some of the hardest hands too play out there.

P.S. Oh and remember you have postion also in this hand thats an added bonus and makes it less dangerous to see a flop for you.