View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 10:07 PM

Default I\'m so pissed off at Empire right now!!!

Just got back from work and guess what I found? My older brother had gone to the mailbox to pick up the mail and in the mail for me is a goddamn magazine from Empirepoker.

Now I know that this is not a big issue to probably everyone here but for me it almost means the end of the world. For my family, gambling is the ULTIMATE SIN (I'm not joking either). I much rather be telling my family that I'm a drug dealer to explain the extra money that I'm making because at least they will be able to forgive me.

I know I'm an adult but it's not that easy for me. I posted my reasons in past threads why my family is against gambling (it involves my extended family, which led to broken families, domestic violence, bankrupcy, suicide etc....)
There is absolutely no point in trying to explain to them because they will never accept it. Those who understand what I'm going through will know what I mean. I'm so jealous of people who can be upfront with their families like it's an no issue, for my family I'm a gambling addict and will need to get help no matter what I say or how much money I make.

I'm so pissed that they sent me items in the mail without my consent. My brother now knows that I gamble online and if(when) he tells my family, I'm done for.

I wrote empire an email and I will be closing my account with them shortly, I'm so pissed right now. And no, I'm not overreacting. Sorry, had to vent.