View Single Post
Old 12-07-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Re: How Significant Is The \"Benchmark\" of 10,000 Hands?

You are probably just like me. I destroyed the .5/1 games for a while. Then I moved up to 1/2 when I got my bankroll up to around $400 and promptly dipped down to $200. I played a little more .5/1 and built my confidence and BR back up, then played a little 1/2 6 max, and 1/2 ring. I started winning and slowly built my B/R up to around $800. Then I tried out the 2/4 ring games and lost $200 real quick. I studied, kept playing 1/2 and when I got my roll up I took another shot. Finally I started winning at that, and now i'm up to 3/6 and am going to start dabbling in the 5/10 6max games. If at first you don't succeed, drop to the lower level you were winning at, re-think your strategy, review your PT stats to see where your leaks are, and give it another run.

My biggest adjustment from the .5/1 and 1/2 games at the 2/4 level was that you tend to run into tighter players, people are in there with hands and some of them punish you when they hit their hand well, not like .5/1 where they just call or check with the nuts. Use your PT game windows and if the table is full or rocks, move. I won't play unless there are minimum of 4 people with greater than 40% VPIP, and i'd prefer 5 or 6.