Thread: Stuck in limbo
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Stuck in limbo

Variance is luck. You run hot and cold with it. If your unlucky against better players expect it to have a greater impact on your BR. I think that .50/1 has such terrible players that if your on a total rollercoaster constantly running 150BB in both dirctions, it's your play that's causing it not theirs. There is some leak in your game that is preventing you from consitantly winning against the poor competition your playing against.

Against bad players they may beat you more often with garbage but there will be enough dead money in all pots to more than make up for this in terms of + effect on your BB/100 winrate. You should be regularly encountering people who practically hand you their chips on a silver platter which should also help with variance control. I would expect most good players at .50/1 could shrug off a huge downswing every 5000 hands maybe but the rest of the time feeling like they're steadily crushing it. Maybe the leak in your game will not be relavent at a higher limit against better players and your variance will actually drop. You won't know until you try I guess but this seems counterintuitive to me.