View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 08:43 PM

Default You conservatives are incredible...

you realize they are doing this because homosexuals have been killed because of the ignorance regarding homosexuality in middle america? Maybe if it wasnt for christian rhetoric telling you conservatives who is wrong and who is right we might be able to get past murdering people or harrassing people for who they love...Teaching tolerance and "forcing gay indoctrination" are two VERY different things. The complaints that homosexual tolerance magazines do not provide parents with advice on how to raise their child in a "godly" way are absurd because there are at least 30 magazines i can think of off the top of my head that devote entire issues to how to raise your child in a "godly" way. But i guess 30 to 1 isnt a good enough ratio for the religious right.

This district seems like it has good reason to pursue homosexual tolerance. Not allowing groups that support homosexual students is a blatent attempt at anti-homosexuality, this community could certainly benefit from being taught some tolerance for others.

I am certainly not encouraging forcing education on people, but i would say that with some self reflection, maybe these people who refuse to let their children attend school on the day where homosexual tolerance is taught should realize that they might benefit from learning a bit of tolerance toward a group of people they seem scared to death of.

rj