View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 07:44 PM

Default Re: GREG RAYMER= OVERATTED ON 2+2??

[ QUOTE ]
yeah if you dont like someone's ideas ban them. as for raymer nobody really knows how good anyone is at tournament poker due to the volitility but i think you could safely say he is cant be regarded in the same class as negreanu, ivey (the absolute best) without a few more high finishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if he does achieve a few more high finishes, he still has along way to go before he's in ivey or negreanu's class. both of these players have achieved great and consistent success in national tournaments against some of the best players in the world and their MULTIPLE WSOP bracelet winners. yet some guy a couple months back tried to pass off some final table and ok results in local and lower buy-in tournaments (over a 3 or 4 year span) as evidence of Raymer's tourney prowess. now this guy has a book deal about tournament essays with 2+2. what kind of essays are they gonna be? :

page 19:

"I put on my patented sunglasses and stared the tight-playing shortstack down. he pondered, then went over the top all-in. with only 10,000 more to go, pot odds dictated that i call the all-in with my 10 9 offsuit. my opponent doubled up after i got no help.