View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 07:31 PM

Default Re: GREG RAYMER= OVERATTED ON 2+2??

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe this kind of discussion is still going on.
Raymer knows his stuff.

Frankly, how do YOU know how he played the WSOP? Because you watched the ESPN coverage? I don't know the actual number, but the % of hands you saw Raymer play at the WSOP was very small. I don't see how you or anyone else can judge his play solely on that small amount of TV coverage.

That being said, the only thing to judge him by is how knowledgable his posts here have been. By most accounts, almost everything he has posted on 2+2 shows that he knows his stuff. Unless you have played with Mr. Raymer, or know someone that has, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Is there a 2+2 bias? Yes. Should there be? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not judging his play based on the hands i saw him luck out on in the WSOP ME (i saw at least 5 that were dominated preflop and at least two won on the river). i'm judging his play based on all the hype surrounding him on 2+2 when his play, whether you wanna take it to the last 3-4 years, does'nt support it. if you're gonna hype someone like that, they should at least have the stats to back up the hype. other than that, it's favortism and bias.