View Single Post
Old 12-04-2004, 01:01 AM

Default Re: True viability of multi-tabling?

this thread is so stupid. i believe it to be so, let me tell you why.

i would guess that most of the people arguing against multitabling have

1. tried it for a short amount of time if at all

2. had poor results

[ QUOTE ]
While some of these observations can be made by programs mentioned elsewhere in this thread ( a players VSIP etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

non-multitablers seem to think that those who do multitable are mindless zombies just clicking away not paying attention to anything. that multitablers rely on helpful programs, otherwise they might lose. fyi player view and gametime are new within the past 3-4 weeks. people played a million tables before that and won...

[ QUOTE ]
others, such what an opponents check on the flop after a pre-flop raise usually signifies, are missed when multi-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

absolutely incorrect

[ QUOTE ]
How can you read hands and get those narrow value bet desicions the right way when making four at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's pretty easy, but you are correct that some desicions become tougher, but you are also very correct in that they are narrow. which is why your win rate may go down slightly

[ QUOTE ]
My point is, to improve yourself, you need practise in making the best desicions.

[/ QUOTE ]

i find this statement highly ironic. by practice you mean...play more hands?

[ QUOTE ]
To someone who wants to improve their game I would urge to not give in to the tempatation of playing more tables for more action/excitement.

[/ QUOTE ]

multitabling is not for everyone. and there may be an argument that beginners should not multitable. but if you try it and find it is not for you, that does not make it hurtful to everyone. there is no shame in not being able to multitable well, even though reading these boards, new comers may get the impression that multitabling is "the thing to do"

howerver to argue that multitabling hurts your continued learning of the game is absurd. to argue that it is hurting already winning players who are multitabling and winning more is also absurd.