View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 11:47 PM

Default Re: True viability of multi-tabling?

[ QUOTE ]

3. In addition, I think it limits the opportunity to really and truly improve your play against a normal ring game.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point, I believe it to be so and I'll explain why.

To beat games you've got to make good betting desicions,
these desicions are based are largely based on observations. While some of these observations can be made by programs mentioned elsewhere in this thread ( a players VSIP etc) others, such what an opponents check on the flop after a pre-flop raise usually signifies, are missed when multi-tabling. How can you read hands and get those narrow value bet desicions the right way when making four at the same time?

That much is obvious, no one can argue, without deluding themselves, that better desicions can be made from concentrating on one single table, than on four simultaneously.

My point is, to improve yourself, you need practise in making the best desicions. If you make a mistake you will likely miss it and likely make it again. Quality over quantity everytime.

To someone who wants to improve their game I would urge to not give in to the tempatation of playing more tables for more action/excitement.
For those who say it increases the win rate and are only concerned with the cash, fine, good for you. But are you multi-tabling at $15/$30 (Party player) and if not why not? Perhaps the old game needs some work.