View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 03:00 PM

Default All-in Rule Question

[ QUOTE ]
Roberts Rules of Poker. Section 15 - Tournaments. 34. All hands will be turned faceup whenever a player is all-in and betting action is complete.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get it. Everyone at my game gets it. Except one guy doesn't like to show his hand if he is beat- ever. He obeys the rule though, except in one situation, and I'm looking for some help with this. It would be great if there was some actual rule addressing this situation specifically, but there probably isn't, so... help!

Player 1 - 500 chips
Player 2 - 1000 chips
Player 3 - 5000 chips

Pre-Flop:
Player 1 (button) goes all-in
Player 2 (SB) calls
Player 3 (BB) calls

Flop:
Player 1 checks
Player 2 checks

Turn:
Player 1 checks
Player 2 checks

River:
Player 1 checks
Player 2 checks

Players 1 and 2 follow the standard rules for who must show their cards SB must show, then BB only if his hand is the winner.

Then what? Does all-in Player 3 HAVE to show his hand even if it is a loser? The player in my game doesn't show his cards in this situation when his hand is a loser. It seems to me that the spirit of the rule is that any all-in player has to show their cards, but I can't say for sure. Any help?

-This is a tourney situation of course... since the rule is a tourney specific rule. I was a little surprised to find out you didn't have to flip your cards during an all-in in a cash game.