View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Girlfriend says I have major gambling problem and need help.

[ QUOTE ]
I finally came to the conclusion that if I could not do the things in life that I enjoyed what is the point in even living. In order to remove her name from the mortgage I had to refinance. Another scam by the banks to rake more needless my from us.

[/ QUOTE ]

As someone who works for a bank, I can tell you this much- if your mortgage went up from 1100 to 1800, then you either have a really bad credit score, got a lousy deal, or refinanced for more than the original loan.

I have no idea what your oginial loan and terms were, but using a decent rate over the past 2 years of 6.00%, to get to about $1100 a month it would be a $175,000 mortgage.

Now in order to make that same mortgage payment go up to $1800 a month, you would have to almost double the interest rate to 12%.

In order to have todays going "A" credit rate, your new mortgage would have to be on a $300,000 house, which means you took a lot of cash out.

Or it could be somewhere in between. But in order to go all the way up to a 12% mortgage in today's world, no offense, but your credit score must be pretty low.

A low credit score usually means you have trouble with finances, which might lead to why she got so upset.

There might be more of the story that we are not hearing here.