View Single Post
Old 12-03-2004, 01:41 AM

Default Re: Do Pro Poker Players Make Good Clients For A Financial Advisor?

i am currently playing poker for a living while building a bankroll at a solid pace (call me an aspiring professional if you will). while im only 19, i take poker and bankroll management very seriously and have some longterm plans that i may or may not adhere to in the future. when my bankroll hits 200k i plan to invest in real estate buying several units of apartments. it is important to me to be able to retire successfully at a young age, and therefore i could certainly use a financial advisor later on in my career. i am going to need a really talented accountant for next years tax returns as i certainly want to pay as little as possible of my earnings. however, i dont think that many professionals take their finances as seriously as they should, so you may not do so well specializing in this field. aside from that, what would you be able to offer a professional poker player that another financial advisor wouldnt be able to offer? i feel that i have good control over my finances. when i am able to begin investing i likely wont need a financial advisor until i reached a point in which my prosperity has grown in real estate, at which point i would need a financial advisor who specializes in real estate and not someone who specializes in maintaining bankroll management for a poker player.

so again my question arises, what can you offer to me that a cheaper, more experienced, less specialized advisor couldnt? or is it that you are simply interested in target marketing the poker player community?