View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Re: JJ in late position

[ QUOTE ]

Turn: ($18.75) A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero...

I am not sure how to attack this. Was my play up until the turn ok? I try not to put too much faith in "time tells", but for what it's worth the BB very quickly called the $6 bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that's not a bad turn card. Since there are no flush draws on the flop he couldn't have paired his Ace with an Ace/x suited, so the only fear is if he has AT. (Or... I guess... A7 or A4, but less likely so) I'd fire again for value. He very likely could have KT, QT, JT, 89, 56, some underpair he doesn't want to release. Make it like 9 more on the turn and check behind the river. But im not 100% about 1/2 pot or checking behind river. On party 25 you can bet many many more hands for value, and I think you can do that here.

Up to the turn looks really standard. If anything I would've bumped PF to 6x BB because there are 2 limpers behind you, but 4x BB is still fine. I probably wouldn't have potted it on the flop, prolly gone an even 5. But really your line looks fine and the only differences are slight.