View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 11:18 PM

Default Re: SSHE Book Club Discussion - Part Two: Preflop Concepts

[ QUOTE ]
Ed--This is based on 84,411 hands at Party 5/10 looking at only the TAA players. There were 324 of them averaging 14.22% VP$IP and 8.09% PFR and 2.51 BB/100. Perhaps these numbers are peculiar to the party 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because tyhey are TAA doesn't mean they are good profitable players. I tend to agree with Ed. My VPIP% is somewhere around 21-22% when playing based on the loose reccomendations, and 17%-18% when playing based on the tight reccomendations.

There was an earlier post about ITH's starting hands charts. Yes I agree I really like their format, but as Ed has tried to point out the charts are only a rough guide to express the concepts of his reccomended pre-flop decisions. For example lets talk A2s one more time... if the table is tightening up and the last two hands are only 3-4 to see the flop them muck them. This is not specifically represented in the starting hand charts, but the value of various starting hands and how to make decisions during pre-flop play are better expressed here than anywhere else I have read before.

Good job Ed!

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]