View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 08:17 PM

Default Success rate for check raises on the turn

I was interested to find out how often a check raise on the turn successfully won the pot. I analyzed, using Microsoft Access, a PT database of 180,000 hands of PP 5/10, 10/20, 15/30 and 30/60.

I found that a player check raised on the turn 8210 times which is 4.6% of all hands dealt.

Everyone folded to the check raiser on the turn 1372 times ( 16% of the check raises), and the check raiser was called on the turn and ultimately won the pot 4365 times ( 54% of CRs) for a win rate of 70% of hands check raised.

The check raiser was reraised and folded on the turn 1525 times ( 18%), and folded on river or lost at showdown 948 times ( 12%).

What I would like to determine, but it will require writing code as Access isn't sophisticated enough, is to determine my ( or any other player) net positive or negative dollars by calling or raising a check raiser. That is, is the total dollars in pots won ( less bets made by me subsequent to the check raise) by calling or raising a check raise larger than the total dollars invested in pots I lost (summing all subsequent bets by me). Would others find this interesting or useful?

This is my first post on 2+2. I searched to see if I could find similar stats but was unsuccessful.