View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 11:42 AM

Default Re: 2 late tourney hands for criticism

Hand 1: You know you are moving to the final table after this hand is over, but you chose to raise in EP with Ax suited.....probably a little over-agressive. Since you only had about 8 times the big blind left, you should almost be in push or fold mode. I'd prefer to take a full orbit or two at the 10-man final table than to risk all of my chips with Ax suited heads up. I would put an unknown player on a hand that would most likely dominate Ax if they came over the top of your raise all-in.
Hand 2: I think the second card does matter, at least with the limper. He will most likely never fold to your meager all in raise, so you'd like to have some high card value. The fact that the cards are suited matters less heads-up, as flushes are pretty rare. I'd probably push if the other card was a 9 or higher, giving your hand decent high card value, along with straight and flush possibilities. Other wise, I'd looks for Ax or Kx in the next few hands, push, and make someone call you before anyone else limps. I'm curious to see what others have to say about this one though.

Aceragclubs