View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Becoming a professional player

[ QUOTE ]
Capitalism sucks and America is the capitalist nation of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, moderate capitalism doesn't suck. Or well, a solid democracy using a capitalist economic system is about the best government we've tried so far. (Or least bad, if you look at it like that.)

Giving capitalism totally free reign and trusting that God (renamed to the Invisible Hand) will regulate the market is... Well...

There are hundreds of things that are pretty much the same here as in the US. Quite often borrowed from the US, or we both took it from the same country, usually France or England. But when asked to contrast the differences I highlighted what I felt were important differences. I'm a very enthusiastic Swede, I feel that it's a great corner of the world to live in. Sorry if I became too enthusiatic.

Education and health care were the reasons I decided years ago to not move to the US. I was very tempted for years, because frankly I could make more money living in the US than here.

But I can make more than I need here, and a social and medical safety net is nice to have. (And electricity in the outlet, LA was the most likely destination for me, and I am sure glad I didn't move.)