View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Play along, anyone? KK, flopped A, sizeable field

Thanks for the good advice thus far from both of you. I'll skip the play along for the rest of the hand and just post the remainder now.

Picking up from where I left off...

<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.13 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (12.13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14.13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14.13 BB, between UTG, Hero and MP2.</font>

After thinking about what you said, skunkworks, I can see the value in just checking the river. It seems like most of the time anyone who's left is probably going to be holding Ax and was calling rather than betting/raising for fear of AK/AQ.

Edit: Had to go back and fix pot sizes to account for UTG being all in preflop with the remainder of his meager stack. That kind of screwed the hand converter up, thus.