View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Play along, anyone? KK, flopped A, sizeable field

Aggressively yes. Obviously he should bet and if he's called to the river and not raised he should stick with it, but the chances of spiking a King on the turn is 22:1 I think. Obviously he will get paid off big if it does hit but it just doesn't happen that often. It's also quite possible that one of his opponents has a King as well, which decreases his outs to one, basically. But we can assume that he has two outs.

I am just speaking from experience that playing weak Kings and weak Aces is popular.

I think his hand here is beat more often than not, and while he has to push it since he bet before the flop, I think that Kings are probably -EV against 5 opponents in a raised pot when an ace hits the flop, even considering the chances of spiking a king on the turn or river.

Being behind here 80% of the time is hardly every profitable, even as like I said, you consider the possibility of spiking a king on the turn or river. If he is raised, however, it's an absolute fold, no question about it.