View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 12:31 AM

Default Play along, anyone? KK, flopped A, sizeable field

This is actually a situation that hasn't happened a lot lately. Usually, if an A flops, I'm up against 1 or 2 opponents, or against a large field there's no A in sight. This time, however, both were the case, so it was hard to know where I was.

Anyhow, I figured I'd try the novelty of making a play along hand, because I found myself wavering in almost every situation, and so I'd like those who are willing to help to see it from my point of view. I'll skip preflop, since that's a pretty obvious one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Reads wise, I had the following:

UTG - LAG, but all over the map. I'd seen him raise Q4o preflop, but NOT AQo. I wouldn't remember those except that I was in both hands momentarily, so I paid attention to what was showed down.
UTG+2 - No read. 2nd hand at the table.
MP2 - Rather fishy. VP$IP of at least 40%.
SB - Roughly a carbon copy of MP2.
BB - Maniac. VP > 50%, PFR of almost 10%, fairly aggressive postflop even with hands like top pair no kicker.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">UTG raises (All-In), 1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (11.25 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero ...

Thanks in advance for your comments!