View Single Post
Old 11-27-2004, 04:17 AM

Default Re: What does the villain want you to think?

[ QUOTE ]

Because of my experience with dishonest poker players I would say that his comment was made to try to get you to REPRESENT trip Ks (however this would be because he had flopped a set and possibly rivered quads) but not because he actually believed that you had them.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no doubt he is putting me on KK but is uncertian in his read. He called on the off chance I'm betting AK. But if he thinks he's getting me to represent KK, why would he check the river? He's called substantial flop and turn bets and he would be worried I would give up on the hand in light of this. So if he doesn't put me on KK he bets the river.
I think this whole idea that he's trying to get me to bluff is off the mark because he wouldn't count on me bluffing the river.

[ QUOTE ]

value bet and muck to a reraise for the reasons discussed in other posts or, pot commit yourself with a bet of around 3.5k and call an all in

[/ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever pot commit yourself in a situation where he would fold an inferior house for such a big bet (he is aware of how tight and solid a player I am) and I would lose 8k or so if he's beating me?