View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Heh, sometimes you get a beat so nutty all you can do is laugh. *c

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. I wanted action from the player with the probable KK. I wanted to be able to checkraise the field on the flop and the turn. Had I capped preflop there is a very, very high probability that I would not have been able to do that (the KK would have almost certainly put me on aces, given my table image and his tightness).

[/ QUOTE ]

do you really think you can't check-raise KK even after capping? you think he's just gonna give free cards to an ace when he flops an overpair?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'd capped and bet out the flop, he would have flat called. If I'd capped and not bet out, he would have bet and likely folded to a raise. This was an extremely weak tight player. Even if he called the checkraise, he would have folded to a turn bet.

The best way to put maximal money in the pot was to hope UTG capped, but if he did not, let the KK think it was ahead and be able to checkraise him twice, making the fish in the middle call two bets cold twice.

This is SO GODAMN OBVIOUS it makes me a little sad to see the level of ignorance on this board about this extremely simple strategic issue.