Thread: Scene Stealers
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Scene Stealers

[ QUOTE ]
We feel the same on this one. (And, I didn't even have to look at the responses to know which agent you were in the scenario. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that the poll wasn't exactly scientific or fairly worded - in fact the wording of the questions (especially the second) and both sets of responses makes it more likely that I would look bad (I'm an anal retentive nit!). Of course you know I'm anal retentive, but in a nice way [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . And I'm not a nit (ask mike l.) even if Clarkmeister said so, but it sort of fit the forum so I went with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, Mary simply gets up whenever she needs to, but she doesn't like most of the movies I watch anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few people like the movies you watch, that's why all of your friends in the Rhode Island/Mass area and those that have come to know you on this forum call them "John Cole movies". I like some of them, but I go in prepared with the right mindset.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, sometimes it's sort of hard to tell where the scene actually ends. I say don't get up for anything if you can help it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to tape some episodes of "Law and Order" and its varients or similar shows such as "Homicide". The scenes are right around 90 seconds plus or minus a few seconds and if you want to follow the story you can't miss any. E and I were always on the same page, taking breaks (if we bothered) only at the end of the scene. My problem is with G and J. It can be fifteen seconds from the end of a crucial scene and it's out of the chair to get a popsicle. The popsicle can wait fifteen f___ing seconds!

[ QUOTE ]
Ars longa, vita brevis.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have my Latin to English translator link handy. Maybe you can elaborate in English [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick