View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 06:29 AM

Default Re: big MTT strategies

Wow zaxx, that was sooooooooo helpful. This was really what I was looking for. I am going to start loosening up quite a bit in the middle areas now. I have a couple questions though still... Let's say the the tourney is about 2 hrs in so blinds are 150/300. You're MP and guy (who is neither overly aggressive or tight) right in front of you min raises to 600. You have a couple thousand chips more than the avg of 5200 chips. You look down to see 88 staring you in the face. What do you do here? This happened to me tonight and I ended up folding as my position wasn't very good. Now again the same situation except you're in LP. Do you reraise? And if so, how much? Also, I really suck at playing PP 7's and up post flop. I think sometimes I am not aggressive enough with them or I get really scared? Anybody have any suggestions with this?

Oh, and one more thing... Am I the only one that thinks PP's MTT structure is not as skill intensive as the other sites (i.e Stars and UB?) I am finding myself at the middle stages with an above average chip stack like 8000 and the blinds are like 250-500 and it's like one false move and a leg is gone. I really don't like such an unforgiving structure.