View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Would you ever fold this set?

Funny.. Almost the same hand happened to me today.. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
And yes.. he had KJ.. But still..
He could have lots off hands that you beat:
AK,AQ,AJ,A10,1010,KK and so on.. You are only beat by two hands.. KJ and AA. Be happy and get your money in as quickly as possible.

And if your opponent have KJ.. Well then you have some outs to the boat and quads (7 outs on the Turn and 10 outs on the River).

I have a policy to NEVER fold a set on partypoker. Except in very rare cases when I'm absolutely sure that I'm beat..

And yeah.. Raise more preflop: Atlest to $3.. preferable more.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed)

BB ($233.8)
UTG ($111.15)
UTG+1 ($77.5)
MP1 ($129.25)
MP2 ($170.25)
MP3 ($161.25)
MrFroggyX ($97)
Button ($118.7)
SB ($242.5)

Preflop: MrFroggyX is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $2, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">MrFroggyX raises to $10</font>, Button folds, SB (poster) folds, BB calls $8, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: ($23) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MrFroggyX bets $20</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $85</font>, MrFroggyX calls $67 (All-In), BB calls $2.

Turn: ($197) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($197) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $197
<font color="green">Main Pot: $197, between BB and MrFroggyX.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB ($197).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has Kh Jh (straight, ace high).
MrFroggyX has Qs Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Outcom[b]e: BB wins $197. </font>