Thread: Hand 3
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Hand 3

interesting hand

[ QUOTE ]
I think the better way to play this would've been to re-raise to $650-800 on the flop. If he calls that, most likely he has AT beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats no good. bruiser wanted to entice a play-back with the flop bet, so reraising for info to see what villians raise means cant be the best option. if he thought the villian wouldnt play back enough with a worse hand, enough for flat calling the flop bet to be the best option, he wouldnt have chosen the 100 bet size in the first place.

however, i am not sure what his best line should have been. i have 3 thoughts on the matter, and they seem to conflict. first, i think the fold is good on the river for the reasons you (bruiser) mentioned. second, i think folding the turn would be counter productive, as when you made that flop bet, you were hoping for his excact flop and turn line. however, i think it sucks to have to call the turn and then fold the river. thoughts? can you choose a line where you attempt to induce a play-back on the flop, yet plan to fold the river if he leads both the turn and river near pot size?