Thread: Hand 3
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Hand 3

He has 3 or 4k now, I have him covered. New dealer came over just about to switch and I'd have to pay time again and my friends are waiting to go out so this is my last hand of the night. ATs, I raise I make a standard raise to $60. First question is, general preflop strategy, how is this for a raise size? He's been calling me often with this raise size, I like to play a lot of pots post flop rather than raising to $80 and playing less pots. He hasn't reraised me preflop once. I feel I can outplay him post flop especially with position, so raise size good? I raised to $60 almost everytime, didn't vary the size.

He calls, flop is A44o, he checks I bet $100. Good chance I'd check behind here with a medium ace since, what could he have to pay me off with? Also I bet $100 on purpose to look suspicious, $70 or $80 is a more reasonable bet here because again, what could he have to call with? He raises me to $300. Okay good, I call.

Turn is 3c putting 2 clubs out there. He bets $500. Good thinking Danny, awesome plan. I think for a few minutes and call planning on deciding on the river since I"m unsure of where I'm at now.

River is 9o. He bets $1300. Then I think another few minutes, maybe my plan of calling the turn wasn't the greatest because his river bet still doesn't define his hand as well as it should in my head. But I think about it some more and decide that the odds are very low he is 3 barrel bluffing. Besides having a 4, he coul dhave a better ace, or Ax that hit for two pair. I fold. Comments?