View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 02:10 PM

Default Re: PC War Game Recommendations

[ QUOTE ]
Those that know WW2 war gaming will recommend Combat Mission.

This utilises a brilliant wego system. Both commanders input there orders. The computer then works out the results of these orders and plays them out in a kind of video format for 1 minute. For this minute your troops and vehicles react relaisticaly to threats and casualties etc.

You can pan the camera to any troops or vehicle and watch the action from there perspective.

This game is very accesible but is 100% tactics it is perhaps the only war game where knowledge of real world combined arms tactics will give you an edge, how many games will teach you the art of the reverse slope defence?

There is no recourse management. All vehicles and units are modeled realisticaly and it has a massive and totaly comitted community that churns out hundreds of new scenarios a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately it seems they only sell this through their web site. I've read some good things about these games but poker has supplied me with all my free time gaming for quite a while now. Can you play vs. other person online?