View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 11:58 PM

Default Re: First Party SnG, Entire Tourney Hist for Review

I don't mind the way you played the QQ, or even the way you played the AA hand. I would have played both of these the same, or similar. You can't assume the move with the aces was wrong just because the guy folded. You will often miss bets by slowplaying, or give people a free card to make 2 pairs and bust you when you only have 1 pair.

As far as the AK goes. I'm really suprised you fold it in any position in an unraised pot in any tournament with any stack sizes. This is just a little bit too weak for me, and I play pretty weak in the first few levels of tourneys myself.

Through 1600 tournaments at $20 and $30 level,

AKo has earned 2nd highest amount of chips in level 1. (KK, AK, then AA..), and tied for 3rd highest BB/hand (AA, KK higher, TT tied with AKo @ 1.52BB/hand). It is just too strong to let go from any position in an unraised pot (and most raised pots).

I planned on looking up stats for AKo from UTG or UTG+1, but pokertracker is taking a blue moon to change any parameters with this database size, so you'll just have to take my word for it. :P

Just to add some other stats.. if you look at all hands at all blind levels, AKo is 4th in BB/hand (AA, KK, QQ are ahead, as you would expect.. TT AKs and JJ are next.. ). In total chips won, AKo is 3rd to AA and KK, and AQo is next. These are off-topic of the post, but hey I am a stat junkie and figured I would share.