View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Artest gone for year, other suspensions absurdly long

I can empathize with your frustration with the fans but when the players cross the line they have the commissioner to deal with. And their is a line whether you like it or not. It's part of their agreement. Perhaps in the next collective bargaining agreement go round the players can negotiate something about the fans that doesn't exist now. It seems that your point is far too lenient with the fans. You wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
Tell you what. Find me customers who come into anyone's place of work, who can call you a M-F'er, a N-er, degrade your family, your persona, curse and swear at you without repercussion and apparently can throw objects at you as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that a fan cannot be removed for exhibiting this behavior? Also I'm certain that there are many who gladly trade places with NBA players and collect the salaries that these guys make and deal with these problems. Put me on that list as one.

Second of all how can you be so absolutely sure there will be no repercussions to the fans involved in this incident. If there are repercussions such as criminal charges and subsequent prosecutions as well as action taken by the Pistons organization what will you say then? Methinks your being at least slightly impatient and jumping to conclusions.