View Single Post
Old 11-22-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Re: celeron vs pentium

[ QUOTE ]
I know a foolproof way to make ten million dollars a year playing internet poker, but the only advice I'm going to give on this particular forum is to do some research. There now, aren't you glad I posted this?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I suggested doing some research is simply because this is a poker related message board not a computer related one. I really do not think most people here would be that interested in a technical discussion about dram timings and latency settings to use with their memory.

Overclocking a computer is in simple terms running your parts beyond the manufacturer ratings. An example would be having a computer with a 2500 MHz chip running at 3200 MHz without frying itself or crashing. The memory chips and settings you use have something to do with this, so do more than a few other things. There are much better forums on the net for discussing these subjects. How many people here care about how many Amps they're getting out off the 12 volt rail of their power supply? How steady is it? Do you even know what brand of Power supply is in your computer? Do you really care? That should give you a little bit of an idea of why I suggested doing a little research.

To make it simple for you here is a link to my favorite computer forum Motherboards.org Go there and you can find out all you wanted to know and more. I post on that forum far more often than I do here, and even though I did not appreciate you trying to make fun of my advice I will be more than willing to help you if you post a legitimate question there.

Quite frankly if your to lazy to research the subject you have no business trying to overclock your computer you will just be asking for trouble. What I mean by trouble is you stand a good chance of ruining your computer and voiding any warranty you might have at the same time.

If you are truly interested come on over to the forum I linked to its a great place to discuss computer hardware and we always welcome everyone. Most of us who use that forum regularly are probably far too interested computers, but anyone from a novice to an expert will definitely get plenty of help and good advice.