View Single Post
Old 11-21-2004, 04:28 PM

Default Re: live weekly tournament I cannot beat.

Seriously?

1 - Don't bluff
2 - Only steal against smaller stacks (but avoid stacks which are so small they are pot commited unless they're small enough that they can't hurt you)
3 - If the whole table is limping every hand (ie early in the tournament), then lower your limping standards as well as your PF raising standards ie: raise with any ace you would normally limp with, particularly in LP. Play suited aces, suited kings, suited connectors, suited gap connectors and low pockets from any position if you can see the flop cheaply (and there are lots of callers) but get ready to bail if the flop doesn't hit you. Use these hands to build your stack in the early and middle going so you don't get desperate with the blinds later.
4 - Trap, trap, trap! You should be able to extract a lot of chips anytime you know you're ahead. But at the same time, beware of traps yourself - Just because they suck doesn't mean they can't have a hand!
5 - Don't overestimate the value of positional raises against a table full of LAGs - If you're on the button and it gets checked around to you but the flop missed you and there are 5 in the hand a bet here is probably not going to get you the pot unless the flop is really scary and it missed everyone completely. So don't waste chips betting out unless you can win a high-card or low-pair showdown.